Around the World

A highlight of my around the world journey.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Spring in Tokyo

Spring has always been my favorite season. It represents new life, renewal, warm weather, birds chirping, my birthday. Paris in the spring is a dream of mine, but for now I'll have to settle for Tokyo in the spring, which represents everything, except warmth. But Tokyo in the spring has a nice uniqueness of its own.

We had Hanami, which is the cherry blossom viewing. My roommate and I planned a picnic. We sat in the cold and viewed the beautiful white flowers with our classmates and newly made friends.












Mark and I contemplated our future with a hyphenated last name ceremony. Luckily, no paperwork was involved, so it's not legally binding.

And I saw this hurried group of Geisha at Ueno park. They were headed to a party that I was not invited to, nor could I even attempt to gain admission. Maybe next time. More happened, but my computer doesn't want you to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home