Around the World

A highlight of my around the world journey.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Russia



After studying all summer, and sitting on a metal chair at a folding table in a cold, noisy, airplane hanger for 2 full days taking the grueling Ga Bar Exam, I thought I deserved a reward. Lots of people plan post-bar trips, and not just to their local pub. So of course, I thought a trip to a hot climate, with white sandy beaches, clear blue water and gorgeous cabana boys bringing me pina coladas would be a nice place to revel in my new post bar freedom. Instead I went to Russia with my niece.


I could tell you the details of the trip, but no one seems to believe the incredulous story. We had a wild time. The purpose of our trip was to be English teachers on a English Language reality show for teenagers. There were kids. I believe some of them were spawn of Satan.




Another few I think were Mafia. And kids have drama! They fall in love for 24 hours and change crushes with the tide.


Vitale. Look for him as an assassin or on Interpol's most wanted list in 8 years.









*
Also there was teacher drama and rivalry. Then my niece, I lovehersomuch, but she earned the name Drama Queen. Must be from the other side of the family. *wink*


The funniest part of my trip I believe, was planning our escape to the the US embassy like runaway slaves. Only to be told xxxxxxxx. That's right. I can't even print what the Embassy Consular officer said for two reasons: 1) My Certification of Fitness to Practice Law just came in the mail and that joker IS revocable and 2) my application to work in the US State Department is still pending. So you will have to call me and guarantee we are speaking off the record if you want to know what xxxxxx entailed.
Neva River.
I went to Russia before when I was 14. So I was pleased to see how much it had changed. I also enjoyed spending the day at the Hermitage Museum and going on a boat ride on the Neva River
Alexsie.
People seemed to recognize us in St. Petersburg. I like to think it was because of our performance on television. It could also be because there weren't any other Black American women within a 2 hour plane ride of our location

Kassidy, Tade, Me, Andrew



There were a lot of African students in St. Petersburg studying engineering or architecture. I think we met all of them. This is just a few of the African students (and our co-teachers) taken by my racist camera that makes black people come out looking like thumbprints.

So that was my latest adventure. The theme of this year was to go around the world. If I hit India or Australia, I think I will have reached my goal. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

1 Comments:

At 5:07 AM, Blogger CHIC-HANDSOME said...

just a good life

 

Post a Comment

<< Home